- Own a 4×4 vehicle which is maintained to at least MOT standard, i.e. “Street Legal”, taxed and insured.
- Be over the age of 20, and have held a full UK drivers licence for three years with no more than 6 points.
- Be willing turn out at any time of day or night (subject to work & other commitments) in any weather condition.
- Pass a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
- Attend and pass the BORDA training provided by GW4x4R (refresh every 3 years)
- Attend team training 4 times a year (3rd Tuesday of the month) and one training day (usually a Sunday in October)
- Wear the team uniform (black trousers & navy blue top, preferably one with our team logo) during call-outs or events
Membership cost is £40 to join, thereafter £20 per annum.
Membership is not restricted purely to any one vehicle marque, any & all 4×4 vehicles are welcome, as each type has its own strengths.
Although some of our members own modified vehicles with adaptations such as mud tyres, snorkels and winches, these are not required. Stock vehicles and “soft-roaders” are welcomed, and the variety allows us to select the correct driver/vehicle combination for the task in hand.
- BORDA course at Whitecliff Off Road Centre. This is typically undertaken in your own vehicle. It is designed to be non-damaging.
- Hi-Viz garments
- VHF team radio
- ID card & Handbook
- Mileage costs for call-outs and events
- 3rd party liability insurance
You will be expected to provide some equipment. The kit list is here.
NOTE: We are not currently signing up new members.